The situation in West Bengal is disturbed with the recent communal tension arising in the state which was first reported in Deganga district of West Bengal.
Here are the 10 points to describe the situation in the state so far:
- The tension in the state escalated when a Facebook post went viral near the towns of capital city Kolkata on Monday. The derogatory Facebook post which was posted by a 17-year-old is said to be arrested, according to the reports.
- Violence erupted in the in the large parts of North 24 Parganas of West Bengal after the derogatory post which is said to be about Prophet Mohammad. Large crowd blocked roads and railway tracks and set ablaze vehicles about 70kms away from Kolkata.
- The Kolkata police tweeted and appealed to the people to remain calm and don’t spread rumours. The Central Ministry deployed 400 paramilitary personnel to tackle the situation on Tuesday.
- The Governor Keshari Nath and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of West Bengal had a telephonic conversation in which she claimed Governor talked to her in a ‘threatening and humiliating’ manner. She also called the Governor’s behaviour as ‘BJP Block Governor’.
- Governor’s office later issued a statement over her claims of Governer’s telephonic conversation with her.
- Governor discussed the situation with Home Minister Rajnath Singh after speaking on the phone with Mamata Banerjee.
- Union Minister Abbas Naqvi Mukhtar alleged on Wednesday that ”Anti-social elements” in Bengal were running with the parallel government.
- The communal tension continues with intensity in Baduria on Wednesday
- Section 144 imposed in Basirhat, Home Minister Rajnath Singh has asked report on the clashes in Baduria, West Bengal.
- Mamata Banerjee suspends Internet Service, shops, schools on Wednesday.