In what could be a delight for the residents of Delhi, Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday during the InfraCon organized by the news agency ANI, expressed that he wants Delhi to be developed at a really fast pace, he mentioned the details as he said that soon you can be from Delhi to Meerut in 40 minutes, he also mentioned that they tested planes that can run on water. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari also spoke about the developments and goals that the committee is set to meet over the coming years.
Here are the key takeaways from his talk during the event –
- By 2019, 80 to 90 percent of Ganga will be clean. He said that it is necessary to clean it completely and to not let people harm it any longer.
- We recently tested planes that can run on water. I call it flying boat, aviation ministry calls it sea plane. It is my dream to see sea planes running like taxis do: Gadkari.
- My plan is to have sea plane service on Yamuna in Delhi to Agra which will land behind Taj Mahal where we plan to have a river port. The plan is under consideration and will soon be implemented.
- Dhaula Kuan(Delhi) to Manesar(Haryana) is the first project of the cable car/ropeway we have cleared. Current cost is 50 crore and will come down to 35 crore once we make in India.
- Sea planes in several places by December, this year.
- Pod taxis now on a fast track From Dhaula Kuan to Manesar Tender opened for 70 km
- Soon Delhi to Meerut in 40 minutes; expressway to be inaugurated by PM in March said Nitin Gadkari.
- We have started work in Arunachal Pradesh in a big way. PM Modi has given highest priority to North-East: Gadkari.
- 30 Percent Licences in India bogus I want to streamline the system: Nitin Gadkari.
- Main aisa system laana chahta hu ke main bhi helmet na pehnu to meri photo aajaye aur seedha ghar chaalaan pahuche: Nitin Gadkari ( I want to bring in a system if even, i am not wearing a helmet, even my photo should be clicked and the challan should reach my home as well.