The US is now officially the new epicenter of the Coronavirus with more than 85,500 positive cases being reported and more than 1000 confirmed deaths being registered.
Here are the top 10 global developments this Friday afternoon,
1. The number of positive cases has increased to over 5,31, 860 cases with over 24,057 deaths being reported according to Johns Hopkins University.
2. The US has even overtaken China in terms of reported and tested cases. The number of cases in the US stands at 85,505.
3. According to newspaper reports, Chicago and Detroit appear to be the hot spots of this virus in the US.
4. Washington Post has claimed that the US’s death toll is around 1,000 and the number may increase, as authorities have presented an incomplete picture.
5. The Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said that the Quarantine Act has been passed and Canadians arriving into the country from abroad will be required to undergo the mandatory 14 day quarantine and will face legal prosecution for failing to do so.
6. Italy continues to top the list in terms of the number of reported deaths. The number stands at 8,215.
7. Italy is also just short of about 1000 cases of China. China has reported a total number of 81,782 cases whereas Italy has about 80,589 cases.
8. Mainland China has reported over 55 new cases including local transmission ones after a gap of more than three days.
9. Amidst this virus, a letter has surfaced online from one of the leading members of the Chinese Communist Party calling for the sacking of Xi Jingping, the Chinese President for his “incompetent handling of the virus”.
10. Spain has overtaken the Huaibei province of China (the epicentre) in terms of the number of reported deaths. 4,365 deaths have been reported in the European nation. It is the second-highest in the world after Italy.
For constant updates on the pandemic, do follow the LIVE updates counter by NewsMobile that brings to you, the second to second development around the globe!