Tel Aviv: An Israeli airstrike on a hospital in Gaza City on Tuesday claimed at least 500 lives on Tuesday, according to Gaza Health Ministry sources.
- However, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, spokesman for the Israel Defence Forces (IDF), has stated that reports of a possible Israeli airstrike against a hospital in Gaza are still under review.
- Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said that the IDF operational systems have indicated that rockets were fired by terrorists in Gaza.
- Netanyahu said that intelligence from several sources revealed that Islamic Jihad was responsible for the unsuccessful rocket launch.
- IDF has also released audio recording of Hamas operatives talking about misfired rocket causing Gaza hospital blast.
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) October 18, 2023
- Speaking with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu following the hospital bombing, US President Joe Biden, who has departed for Israel on Wednesday, said: “I am outraged and deeply saddened by the explosion at the Al-Ahli Arab hospital in Gaza and the terrible loss of life that resulted.”
- President Biden has postponed his visit to Jordan after the explosion at Gaza hospital, sources at the White House said.
- The initial investigation by the IDF shows that the explosion in the hospital in Gaza was caused by a failed Hamas rocket launch, as reported by the news organization i24NEWS.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres strongly condemned the deadly airstrike, calling it a “horrific” attack. “My heart is with the families of the victims. Hospitals and medical personnel are protected under international humanitarian law,” Guterres posted on X.