Placeholder canvas

Several Bengaluru Schools Receive Bomb Threat; CM Siddaramaiah Urges Parents To Not Panic

Date:

Bengaluru: In response to the alarming bomb threats received by over 40 schools in Karnataka, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday said “Security measures have been taken, and parents need not panic.”

Further, the CM said that he has instructed the police to inspect the schools and enhance security and urged parents to remain calm during this time.

“The police will investigate, and I have directed them to do so. Security measures have been taken, and parents need not panic. I have instructed the police to inspect the schools and enhance security. A preliminary report has been received from the police department,” Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah said.

Reportedly, 44 schools received threatening e-mails in Karnataka.

The Karnataka Home Minister, Dr G Parameshwara assured stringent action against the perpetrators. He emphasises the government’s commitment to safety, stating that all necessary precautions are being taken, including thorough inspections of the schools.

“At present, we have received information about 15 schools where threatening e-mails have been received; last year also such threats were received. We cannot take any risk; we are inspecting the schools and taking all precautionary measures in schools. We will take strict action against those who are making threatening calls. We are looking into all aspects,” Karnataka Home Minister Dr G Parameshwara said.

Meanwhile, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar visited a school in Bengaluru after several schools received threatening e-mails. The Karnataka Deputy CM said that he had visited some of the schools in the wake of these schools receiving bomb threats through e-mails . Shivakumar met with Police official at the the Sadashiva Nagar NEV School and directed the Police to conduct proper investigation.

Commission of Bengaluru Police B Dayananda however said that initial probe showed that the calls appeared to be a hoax.

“Certain schools in Bengaluru city have received emails today morning indicating ‘bomb threat’. Anti sabotage and bomb detection squads have been pressed into service to verify and ascertain. The calls seem to be hoax. Even then all efforts will be made to trace the culprits” the Commissioner said in his post on X.

Click here for Latest Fact Checked News On NewsMobile WhatsApp Channel

For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Bengaluru Blast: CM Calls Meeting With Top Cops | Top Updates

Bengaluru: Following the blast incident that took place at...

Delhi-NCR Witnesses Sudden Change In Weather With Light Rain

New Delhi: Delhi witnessed a sudden change in weather...

Fact Check: Visual Of A Woman Gifting Rahul Gandhi PM Modi’s Portrait Is Doctored

A picture of a girl giving Congress leader Rahul...