skip to content

Drone assassination attempt on Venezuelan President

Date:

A live broadcast of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro’s speech at a military event in Caracas on Saturday was cut off after a loud bang was heard.

The Venezuelan government have since said the explosion came from drones and was an attack on the President’s life.

Earlier today, the official Twitter handle of China Xinhua News stated that Mr Maduro is unharmed after an attack by drones loaded with explosives.

The security around the Venezuelan Presidential Palace has been reinforced.

According to the BBC, later in a national address, Mr Maduro said, “A flying object exploded near me, a big explosion. Seconds later there was a second explosion. No doubt, Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos was behind this attack.”

However, the Colombian government has denied any involvement, saying there is “no basis” to Mr Maduro’s allegations.

Previously, the Venezuelan leader had accused the US of plotting against him but couldn’t provide any evidence to back the claim.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Alia Bhatt’s Deepfake Video Goes Viral Again, Sparking AI Concerns Among Fans

A deepfake video of Alia Bhatt has gone viral...

PM Modi Holds Bilateral Meeting With Macron, Sunak, Zelenskyy At G7 Summit | TOP UPDATES

Bari: Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with several world...

Rafale Marine Deal: Indian, French Goverment’s Negotiate On Fighter Jet Deal For Indian Navy

New Delhi: India and France are carrying out negotiations...

Drake Wins Rs 7.58 Crore From Betting After India vs Pak T20 World Cup Match

New Delhi: International popstar Drake on Monday won a...